Need a cost estimate for your project? Please fill out our handy request form.
Our creative writing services include dramatic monologues, specialty poetry, revisions of college/university/fellowship admission essays, public announcements and speeches.
Our advertising copywriting services include magazine article ghostwriting, web site copywriting, web banner creations, print ads (O.O.H, P.O.P, Transit ads) radio scripts, jingles, TV scripts, Web videos).
- It’s so easy! Just fill out our handy online order form and we will contact you.
- When we contact you we will discuss your marketing / creative writing needs, timeframe, etc. and create your personal brief. We can give you an estimate within one business day, after we have received all the relevant project background.
- We will then send you a contract via email. Please sign the contract and email it back to us. Please also make your deposit through our PayPal.
- PayPal is instant, so after receiving your deposit and signed contract we will begin working.
- You will receive a first draft of your project copy within 3 to 14 days depending on size of the project. If revisions are desired we will schedule a call to plan the edit.
- If additional services are required by my creative contractors (web design, graphic design, video editing) the cost of their labour will be added to the total cost. However if the client has their own creative team and they just need copywriting services we will work with their people with no additional charge to them, only the copywriters fee.
We will deliver a cost estimate within 24 hours of having received the required project info. You will receive our web contract after we have agreed on a course of action (firm timeframe, project dynamics). After you sign it and we receive payment we will begin working on the first draft of copy. You will receive the first draft of your project on an agreed date. After which if you would like revisions we will schedule a new Skype meeting or phone call.
Limitations of Services
Estimates are for English-language written content (copy) only. When projects require our professional specialists (our graphic designer, web designer, video editor etc.) the project estimates will include their fees as well as my own.
Every contract we sign includes a confidentiality clause which binds us from divulging the nature, content, of your project or any other sensitive material. All materials given to BlueFireWriting are kept in the strictest of confidence. We also regularly sign nondisclosure agreements (NDAs) with clients when circumstances warrant (ghost writing projects etc.)
Project Cost Estimates: Flat Fee
Billing will either be done on a flat fee or hourly basis, depending on the scope of the project. Flat fees are determined by hourly rate, project complexity and predicted time to completion.
Project Cost Estimates: Hourly Billing
When you are billed hourly, a D.N.E (do not exceed) time limit is written into our signed agreement. The DNE (do not exceed) time limit is equal to the maximum amount of time we agree is required to finish the project. Hours in excess of the DNE will not be worked without written authorization. Under this agreement, hours are billed entirely on a time and materials basis.
Transfer of Intellectual Property
Canadian, United States and international copyright law stipulate that the legal intellectual property rights for any creative work remains in the ownership of the creator unless he or she explicitly transfers those rights via a signed written conveyance.
Unless the nature of the project requires otherwise AS IN THE CASE OF POETRY and ACTING MONOLOGUES, all contracts signed by myself clearly indicate that all rights to materials (copyright, patent, etc.) transfer to the client upon material delivery, dependent on fulfillment of contract terms. If for any reason the contract terms are not fulfilled, the rights remain with BlueFireWriting and may not be exercised by the client.
Though BlueFireWriting retains the rights to poetry and acting monologues, we will never re-sell materials sold to you.
For these reasons (among others), no work is performed without a written agreement signed in advance of project commencement. There are no exceptions.
NO ACTING MONOLOGUE OR POEM SOLD TO ANY CLIENT SHALL BE RESOLD BY ANY CLIENT AS BLUEFIREWRITING MAINTAINS FULL COPYRIGHTS TO ALL ACTING MONOLOGUES AND POEMS. BLUEFIREWRITING AS STATED IN OUR 100% GUARANTEE WILL NEVER RESELL ANY MATERIAL SOLD TO A PREVIOUS CLIENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE THE RIGHTS TO THEM)
Contracts & Deposits
Written agreement is required before start of work. For past and current clients, we bill a three-hour minimum on projects.
We will provide an estimated time to completion at the same time as the cost estimate. If, however, you require a faster project turnaround, a “rush” fees (15% project cost) may be applied. We will inform you at the time of service request. You may then reschedule if you wish.
If the project is killed for any reason after completion of first draft copywriting, BlueFireWriting remain entitled to full payment of agreed-upon fee. If the project is killed prior to first draft completion, BlueFireWriting remain entitled to 50% payment of agreed upon fee.
Invoicing and collection terms
Any deposits or retainers are required prior to start of work. Payment should be made to our PayPal account.